Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Conversation with Teddie B



Teddie B is a celebrated TV presenter and a recording artist. Below is a conversation had with him regarding his music.



Your last music was 2011, was the plan to take a 4 year break from music?:

It wasn't the plan to take a four year break. I felt some other creative part of me longed for expression one reason I went into broadcasting. Plus I needed the pay too. Lol

The new single, My Empress, is straight up reggae. Is that the expected sound of the new album?:

Fans should expect a blend of different genre and not just reggae in the forth coming project which actually is a compilation album of old and new songs.

What was the inspiration behind this album, and what should fans be looking forward to?:

Was away from music for a while and I got many asking if I left music for good and all that stuff so I decide to put out a compilation album of old and new songs to keep my fans happy. It promises to be a wonderful project so everyone should look forward to its release.

Why did you take My Empress as the lead single?:

 I took my empress as the lead single because it is dedicated to my wife.

When will your album drop? How many singles should we expect before it drops?:

About four singles ll drop before the album will drop in the 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2016

What song was the intro to the video?:

The intro titled Leaving is a single that all also be released before the album release

On a sidenote, I noticed the Ben Carson book……..

Ben Carson... Hahahahaha. Well from the story in the video after the 1st breakup, the new relationship saw me introduced to reading motivational books to get inspired and one man whose life story inspires me is Ben Carson hence his book gifted hands.

So is that an endorsement of him?

Kind of. Yes.....he has been an inspiration to me for years. His books, his education and his story is an encouragement and inspiration to me. And especially his Christian beliefs.

You’re a successful broadcaster, a rising music star…..are there any other artistic outlets you intend on pursuing in the nearest future?

Looking to go into the movie industry being a trained theatre artiste. I also have an outfit that all sign artiste to promote and manage. Already have a talented singer I'm working with

Thank you for having this conversation with us. You can find out more about Teddie B by watching him on Saturday morning on his TV show (if you are in Bayelsa in Nigeria). Visit his webpage: Teddie B. He is also on Twitter @IAmTeddieB And below is his music video for his single "My Empress"


No comments:

Post a Comment