Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Conversation with Eric Ramsey



Eric B Ramsey is an actor, writer and producer with several credits to his name. A quick view on IMDB can enlighten you on his work, and of course the ever subjective Wikipedia has an article on him. Our conversation with him however is on his daring and creative genius of film producing. With two films under his belt, and his third one in the works, we just had to have a conversation.

Wow, where do we start? Lets talk about what you’re doing now, and then go back to last year. What’s on your plate right now? 

I'm actually in production on a new movie called CainAbel, starring Gary Sturgis as Adam and Rhonda Morman as Eve.

CainAbel, is it inspired by the Cain and Abel story in the bible? And what gravitated you to it?

YES it was. A modern day version with a twist. I was actually inspired to write it by Rhonda Morman.

How did you get into movie producing? It looks like a daunting career to get into, considering Hollywood and its perceived exclusivity. 

I wanted to see more people of color on the screen as well as influencing the career trajectory of me and my friends. So I decided to get us in by making my own movie.

Did I see you on Scandal, or was that my imagination? (lol don’t play modest now)

Yes I saw myself on Scandal. It was actually the second time they used it (my image).

So, “Unspeakable Indiscretions”. That is a very touchy subject to tackle, yet you took it on, and didn’t shy away from it. Why that topic?

I chose that topic because of the taboo nature associated with it. We can talk about everything but no one wants to ever talk about a black man touching a black boy. It happens all the time and unless we address it , its gonna continue to get thrown under the rug and we are gonna continue to have suicides and behaviors of acting out. If you notice I didn't say homosexuality. That's because molestation and homosexuality are not the same thing.

Below is the trailer to Unspeakable Indiscretions



How was the response of Hollywood, and the black community in general?

The response has been good. However, because no one wants to deal with the issue it hasn't been outstanding.

Have people affected by molestation, or organizations addressing it responded to your movie?

It is what it is, so I dealt with it from that perspective. I was molested once as a child, however I learned not to be ashamed or embarrassed about what someone did to me. I was a victim. Now I'm a survivor. 

I was molested too, so I appreciate the authentic way you addressed it, and with integrity. 
Have any accolades been garnered by your movie? 

No accolades yet. I'm just glad I was able to help someone who's been a victim become a survivor.

No accolades for now. And you're right, we need to put the word out there on your movie. It is a timeless piece of art. For readers who would love to watch your movie, how can they get it?

You can get a copy of the movie if u contact me at info@ramseyandbentonentertainment.com

Any last sage words from you, old friend? Hahaha. 

Thanks for the continued support and be ready for CainAbel, 2016.

Are you on social media?

Yes. I'm on facebook Eric b. Ramsey, Instagram @erictheramster. I'm on twitter but I don't tweet 

No comments:

Post a Comment